Western College proves it IS easy being green!
Our state-of-the-art premises are built to a four star green rating – reflecting Western College’s commitment to both educational and environmental sustainability.
Designed and constructed to cutting-edge ‘enviro’ specifications, the building includes:
- The use of water and energy saving plumbing;
- Energy efficient heating and cooling systems to minimise the use of artificial heating and cooling;
- Environmentally “smart” glass and design features aimed at maximising the use of natural light;
Western College understands its responsibility as a business to ensure environmental sustainability, and is putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to being ‘green’.
Staff at Western College follow a stringent recycling policy and are encouraged to follow best ‘green’ practice in their approach to administration and training delivery. We are also moving to delivering more training material electronically rather than paper based.
The College is intentionally positioned close to public transport, and both participants and staff are encouraged to avail themselves of this access in order to minimise the use of vehicles, thereby reducing the college’s environmental footprint.
Want to explore sustainability for your business?
Western College offers a number of training options in sustainability including the following nationally recognised units:
- BSBSUS201A - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices. Great to have the whole team on board to look at business practices that can help the environment as well as potentially save money
- BSBSUS301A - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices. Perfect for line managers who are required to implement environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBSUS501A - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability. Ideal for management wanting to innovate in the area of sustainability